Del Monte has recently added some kick to it's Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes by introducing Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies & Del Monte® Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes with Chipotle Chilies. They are kicking things off with the Del Monte Southwestern Tomato Kick-Off Sweepstakes on Pinterest. This gives us all the chance to share entertaining tips and recipes featuring these new Southwestern-Style tomatoes from Del Monte. One lucky winner will take home an exciting entertainment package including: a Sony® 55” LED TV, Bose® home theater system and Sony® Blu-ray player (ARV $4,779.00 USD). All you have to do is create a Pinterest board like the one that I have created here and register it at the Del Monte Sweepstakes website.
The new tomatoes are perfect for making snacks for the upcoming Big Game. You could make some great cheesy salsa by combining a can of these tomatoes with some melted cheese. You could add some to a big pot of chili, which is what I did recently.
I was lucky enough to receive a can of each of these new style of tomatoes. We recently made a made a large pot of chili and my husband could not wait to add the Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies. He added the whole can. Yes, the whole can. But I have to admit... it was some very good chili. Here is the recipe.
Crock Pot Chili with Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies.
One pound of ground beef
3 cans of mild chili beans
1 small can of tomato paste
1 small can of tomato sauce
1 large can of tomato juice
2 packets of chili seasoning
a handful of mild banana pepper rings
1 can of Del Monte Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
I always start off by cooking the ground beef in a separate pan and then draining off the grease. I then put it in the crock pot with all of the rest of the ingredients except for the tomato juice. I mix all the ingredients together and then add the tomato juice slowly. You can add as much or as little juice as you want. Add less for thicker chili... more for slightly soupier chili. Then I usually slow cook it on low for about 4 hours.
- The new Del Monte Southwestern-Style Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes are the perfect way to spice up main dishes and snacking recipes
- Del Monte canned tomatoes, fruits and vegetables contain the same essential nutrients as fresh varieties
- The majority of Del Monte products are picked at the peak of ripeness and canned on the same day, to ensure nutrients and flavor are locked in
- I urge you to check these new Southwestern Tomatoes out today. You will not be disappointed. You can also connect with Del Monte on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Thanks to the lovely people at Del Monte, one of my lucky readers will win their very own Del Monte prize pack that will include one each of the Green Chilies and Chipotle Chilies new Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes from Del Monte and a $25 Visa Gift Card to buy all of your other supplies to make some great recipes with these new yummy Southwestern Tomatoes. All you have to do is enter via the easy Rafflecopter form below. This contest is open to US residents only and will end on February 11th at 11:59 PM EST. GOOD LUCK!!!
Dislcaimer: The Del Monte products, information and two gift packs have been provided by Del Monte.